Deferred

League access to Squad Lists

Leagues should have access to all team squad lists, as we do today but should be the same as the Club version.

14 people like this idea
  •  Agreed.

6 people like this
  • On the old system, a league official could print off a squad sheet which could then be used to make a physical registration check at a fixture;

This was a simple A4 document showing the name and the photo of the player.

With the new system, the team names are downloaded to a spreadsheet and the photos have to be downloaded separately to a zip file and printed off separately.

This is definitely a backward step from the old system

5 people like this
  • I agree with this. We as a league offer to print squad sheets as a collection service for people who do not have the ability to print and laminate their own and we have now lost this function which opens up all sorts of issues such as managers having photos of children on their own personal mobile phone which is a big child safeguarding breach. Can we please have this function reinstated?

5 people like this
  • Totally agree with the others on this.

5 people like this
  • I think league admin's should be able  to access to all team squad list's, be able to change details on players and officials of a club. Clubs/players are always asking about this kind of help, be able to merge people, another one asked for by clubs/players. I would be very happy to sign a conferential form to cover data protection, it would also take some pressure of the local FA's and cut down on the time to get things sorted.

5 people like this
  • The new system for squad lists is a backward step and time consuming. The system previously was easy to download and print. We use these at all games. I agree with he comments made above.

2 people like this
  • Hi , we need access to  Squad list  in our league. (GLWFL) Can this be given access to this ?

2 people like this
  • I agree with Wayne in that league admin's should have access to all team squad list's, be able to change details on players and officials of a club such as email, mobiles, pictures along with being able to help in the creation of player registrations which is what we originally had in WGS. Clubs/players are always asking about this kind of help especially those who are not computer savvy. We have access already to most data on players, club details etc. So covered for data protection but would be happy to sign something if required additional protection. This would also take some pressure off the local County FA's and cut down on the time to get things sorted.

5 people like this
  • I agree 100% I go to 6/8 matches every week armed with the team squad list for each team I am watching.  I invariably need to draw on these as teams have failed to bring and show them or teams make allegations that teams are playing players not registered. In the past this has quelled any misunderstandings and ensured that everything is as it should be.

The system of leagues not being able to download a team list with photo and name is definitely a backward step. 

3 people like this
  • Totally agree with Peter's post  and everyone's statements that we need access to the Squad list's. Our League (men's open age) require registration cards , we used  individual ones prior to the WGS but had to use the WGS squad list as the new Registration Card, only problem with this was when we processed a single  individual  card we used up a whole A4 sheet( total waste of paper). Also When a player transferred there is no way that( if player is on a full sheet) the card could not be returned so 2 cards were out in the same season. When we had individual cards they had to be returned before the new one's were issued. Is there no way that these can be altered on the system to the small ID photo card  download ? 

Totally agree with Trevor that this is a backward step. ID cards do stop  playing in eligible players and ringers. Please reinstate and improve the size of the card.      

1 person likes this
  • I agree, it will give League Administrators the ability to help clubs more.

1 person likes this
  • Can the squad lists for each team for the leagues please be reinstated. Using the Photo download and the export just doesn't work for us. We would like to have the ability to download the squad list as they are for the teams not as separate photos and an excel document. 

1 person likes this
  • With the popularity of this request the team will work to get these re-instated within the competitions portal.

Currently marked as deferred whilst we get a date for work to commence on this.

2 people like this
  • Hi Jack....another here who is desperate for the squad list/photo to be returned to the League Secretaries. This was 11 months ago. Any updates. Thanks

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment