Deferred

Gift Aid on Matchday payments

Many clubs that are CASC's or Charities can claim 25% Gift Aid from HMRC on certain subscriptions, mainly youth subscriptions paid for by a tax-paying adult, typically their parents. 

To claim Gift Aid we need to collect a declaration from the person paying the subscription that they are happy for it to be eligible for Gift Aid and personal details to link it back.
This one feature would be worth about £24,000 of additional income to our club and would massively increase the footballing opportunities we could offer our local community. 

I'd be happy to explain how I think this could work to the relevant dev team to allow for easy HMRC reporting and massively increase funding to local football at no cost to the FA, clubs or players/parents.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-gift-aid 

• Hi James.
    Did you ever get an answer for your gift aid enquiry or did you find a different way of processing payments? I'd be much interested for our own club.
    Regards,
    Michaela Winter
    Salisbury FC Youth

• Not as such - I tried to raise an enhancement request, but I never saw it register properly.

Having looked at the user interface for payments, I've no confidence that the assorted parental IT skill levels will navigate Matchday to pay subs easily. Pitchero is difficult enough for some, but this seems more fragmented, especially when parents have multiple kids 

The Matchday UI always seems to be more complicated and does not have a clear, intuitive flow. It's a pity as it could be so good.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment